|Read the entry requirements before you complete the online entry form.
2018 ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Films must NOT have screened in a SHORT FILM FESTIVAL in New York City.
- Films must have been completed after August 1, 2016
- All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
- All films must be submitted via online screener.
- Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the festival.
- Please do NOT send stills or press kits. If your film is selected we will ask you to email us a still image at that time.
- You may enter more than one film, but you must complete a separate entry form and pay entry fee for each film.
Shorts under 25 minutes, for each entry
- Early Deadline: December 2, 2017
- Regular Deadline: February 10, 2018
- Late Deadline: March 24, 2018
• Early Deadline: $45
• Regular Deadline: $55
• Late Deadline: $69
Shorts over 25 to 45 minutes, for each entry
• Early Deadline: $49
• Regular Deadline: $59
• Late Deadline: $69
- You can pay entry fee online using any major credit card
- Films will not be viewed without payment
- All fees are non-refundable
- Film selection for the Festival will be made by our screening committee.
- All filmmakers will be notified via email of acceptance.
The Grand Prize Winning Film will screen in competition at the Academy Award Qualifying LA Shorts International Film Festival an official qualifying event for BAFTA short film awards and the Canadian Screen Awards.
The following awards will be announced:
- Grand Prize
- Best Foreign Film
- Best Drama
- Best Comedy
- Best Animation
- Best Documentary
The 2018 NY Shorts Official Selections will compete in the following categories, at our prestigious international short film night in Los Angeles.
- Best Director
- Best Cinematography
- Best Editing
- Best Actor
- Best Actress
- Best Costume Design
- Best Makeup
- Best Music
- Best Production Design
- Best Sound
- Best Writing
- Best Visual Effects
Save money on postage fees and avoid the hassle of producing, packaging, and mailing blu-rays. Filmmakers can submit their films online by providing us a Vimeo link and password. Pay entry fee online using your credit card, you do NOT need to mail us any physical materials.